Quarter Life Crisis

Going through the daily life of a young 20-something in manhattan and all the quirks of men, school, work, friends... sounds pretty lame but it can be very interesting. Using this to keep all my friends up-to-date with all the excitement. hah. enjoy.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Well its been long enough eh? Currently im in boston visiting the old roomie's before this year of hell starts. Sadly enough, coming here when everyone is going thru their own shit wasnt the best idea. Not too much has been up with me lately and men. A couple weeks ago actually i went to D's hookah bar even though hes away in Egypt cuz one of his friends called us up to come by. So we go and are treated like royalty and told how great we look, which is awesome always. And while we were outside having a cig i turn to the door.... and who else to i recognize but HA. I stopped breathing for about 2 min and turned white. AO felt so bad for me as well because she knew how that guy situation was. I grew balls and went back inside, saw him at the bar, hit his shoulder so he spilled his drink and when he turned to see who it was, he saw me, and a suprised huge smile appeared on his face.... which most likely meant "ooooh shit" in his head. I kept walking because i was not about to talk to him after the way hes been. Bottom line is i made him uncomfy and he left, which was a great feeling because this place used to be where HA brought me, now i made it my own with my own friends. That got me upset as hell, but i drank a ton more and forgot about it for the night. After that i have just been going to the beach chillilng out on the weekends and working during the week. AO is gone, so im pretty lonely but find small things to keep busy. After not hearing from HC for sooo long, he called me up and as i tried to ignore him he became more persistant so we hung out and he told me again how he cared for me b la blablabla. Sex was amazing as it always is, because for the most part ive stopped all the repeats and just kept to myself, but it was very fun to hang out with him. DA and i have been talking alomst every night online and i gave him alot of shit about not hearing from him etc. I do want to see him, but this would be the 3rd time i would be putting out money to go down to DR to see him and not goto a resort. At this point, it should be a half way meeting i think esp. with the situation at hand. Hes a good guy and all, but hes your typical man. If many things in life were different, maybe something could work, but currently it wont. I also got PISSED off at him cuz sometimes you want to make someone feel really good so you totally embellish how you feel about them and your desire to be with them, well he didnt see it this way and saw it as i was saving myself from being with other men since i really wanted to be with him. Hah, honey dont flatter yourself THAT much. Guys can be so conceided and oblivious, so i let him know loud and clear that i am not waiting for him one bit. As i said, who knows when ill see him, but at this point he should make an effort as well. Classes begin on tuesday and my sched isnt terrible.... maybe this year ill meet some intersting people rather then my stereotype of the typical "individual" that attends this university. Ahhh my my... im off to enjoy a few cold beers and the first football game of the season at the bar... and just enjoy my friend before its back to the grind of daily living and man drama of NYC.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home