Quarter Life Crisis

Going through the daily life of a young 20-something in manhattan and all the quirks of men, school, work, friends... sounds pretty lame but it can be very interesting. Using this to keep all my friends up-to-date with all the excitement. hah. enjoy.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Just got back to my apt from Long Beach Island.... it was a nice calm weekend, nothing to really report thats fun. D left for Egypt, we'll see if i get a ticket sent in the mail to join him hah. So i spent some time hanging with my family the one night i spent at my beach house and it was nice. Went shopping with my mom and aunt, which when together is the biggest wine-drinking funny women in the entire world and i love it. During shopping my mom must have really missed spending time with me or really liked what i tried on because we spent a little over 300$ on a few pieces of clothing without a problem, yay for me, cute juicy cover-up and white sweat pants- perfect for my airplane-wear this wed when i leave for a much needed vacation to St. Thomas. Went to dinner at this amazing restaurant called the Plantation, definately go there and have the blackened sushi-block of tuna, Mmm! Drank well with my parents and my Dad, who i used to butt-head's with alot more when i was younger told me he thinks about how i am in the city alone all the time and feels bad i am living alone, it was adorable- this is part of the ive-drank-too-much-wine-and-love-you-so-much talk i get whenever i recieve a phone call from him past 9pm, knowing he's had some wine.
Heard the cutest story about my mom last week too. Supposedly she was "across the street" wtih there good friends they spend almost every other day with having dinner, and anyone who knows my mom, across the street means wine-drinking-night with a bottle per each of them. My neighboors have a pool in the backyard and as the story goes, they wanted to go swimming but it began to downpour heavily- the woman neighbor grabbed my moms hand, they both ran outside giggling together, walked up to the pool and jumped in fully clothed and went swimming for the next 45min in their clothes in the pouring rain... i almost fell over when i heard this story because this is something i would do, not my mom who's over 50. I love it. I hope im still having that much fun drinking with friends when im her age! And now i know who i get my alcohol tolerance, intelligence, and love for spontaneity from, love my mom. and my dad too. Not sure about the horrible spelling, maybe i just missed that day in school for grades k-6th huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home